Last updated : 11/24/2014
Apply to versions : Blu Age II 5.0 and higher, any technologies.
Pattern matching is a powerfull feature to avoid repeating the same modernization actions across multiple programs. It also enables sharing knowledge between team members. Before using the pattern matching feature, ensure that
- A knowledge base has already been created .
- You already created a Blu Age model, using MagicDraw or Papyrus, and the model is opened.
Once a recurring coding pattern has been detected in your legacy code
1. Select the line(s) involved in the pattern.
2. Right click > select Define pattern.
3. Type a name and optionally a description.
4. The next page will display all the matching elements. Click Next.
5. Select the annotation you want to use. In this case we want to tie this pattern with an already developed function. We will therefore use the Modernized as annotation.
6. Select the operation and click Ok.
7. Your annotations are displayed in the Patterns view.
8. Right click on your newly created annotation and select Match Patterns.
9. Click on Search.
10. Control the results.